Application formPDF versions:
- Training Support application form - accessible version
- Training Support application form for work experience - accessible version
Applications can be filled in on-line but need to be printed and signed by the applicant.
What is Training Support?
Training Support is financial support for a person with a disability undergoing a period of assessment, work experience, training or education as part of their plan to gain open employment.
It may be used:
- for the provision of a support person to enable the applicant to attend and continue a training course, or undertake work experience or education
- to pay transport costs, not covered by a Work and Income Disability Allowance or Training Incentive Allowance
- to pay for special equipment which is not covered by other funding sources
- to pay for New Zealand Sign Language interpreters.
Applicants are not subject to means testing, but every effort is made to ensure that payment levels are fair and based on need.
Training Support Funds can only be used for training opportunities that are linked to the NZQA framework, or involve other educational institutions approved by the Ministry of Social Development.
Only applications which are consistent with realistic and reasonable outcomes for the individual will be approved.
The Training Support funding lifetime limit for each individual is $15,600.
A Vocational Plan is required.
Training Support will only be granted if the applicant is considered capable of undertaking the training. A clear link between the training opportunity and the employment goal must be established. In all cases the applicant needs identified goals which will improve their future employment options.
Applicants may provide their own Vocational Plan. Talk to Workbridge if you need help with this.